I set this up so that everyone can keep track of me on my travels. Hope you enjoy reading.

Sunday, June 11, 2006

50 days to go

Ok, only 50 days to go! I have had the week off work because I have been run down. It is a long weekend right now so I don't go back to work until Tuesday. That means that I only have 3 weeks left at work, and all 3 of those weeks are 4 day weeks. Next week has the public holiday Monday, the next week I have a doc's appointment on the Friday, and then I have an RDO booked in for the next Monday. Then I'm done... that's it... I'll be unemployed for the first time ever, since I started working! I've always had another job lined up instantly.
It's going to be sad missing my children and families from work. I am thinking I might write them all a letter saying what a pleasure it has been and how much I have enjoyed working there.
I have had a very busy week, I have been out 4 nights in a row! WOW! What's with that? I never go out, and now I have been out 4 nights! Wednesday I went out to dinner with my friends, Thursday I went to dinner at my old director's house, Friday was just band, but I was still out of the house, and last night I went to dinner with the housemate's work friends. It was ok, but OMG did I feel old? They were all like 17-21 and there was me and Kel, the old farts!
I have decided to take the bull by the horns and get out more, take advantage of invites to go out from ppl I would normally not, to try and get used to living outside my very small social bubble, so I am not as socially awkward and uncomfortable when I get to England! Altho I did have to decline the social invitation I got from the creepy man who was walking back from the shops the other morning, as I was walking to them, who offered me money, cigarettes, beer and chocolate in return for me going back to his place so he could "kiss me all over my body". I would like to live outside my bubble, but I don't want to burst it completely!
Oh, and... I thought this was funny! ...
Cyanide and Happiness, a daily webcomic
Cyanide & Happiness @ Explosm.net

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

RAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYCH!
Oh my god, you're leaving Australia? Do I smell THAT bad??
Hope you have fun when you get wherever you're going...and along the way too.
Send me a postcard! Or even more than one!
PO box 1053
Woden
ACT
2606