I set this up so that everyone can keep track of me on my travels. Hope you enjoy reading.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

20 days to go!

Gee Williker have I had en exciting 10 days? I got to do Vacation care last week, with children aged 5-12. It was very different to preschool. Not only did I have to learn new games (because apparntly duck duck goose doesn't cut it with this age group), but I had to realise that "poobum" wasn't a swearword anymore, whereas as "F..." and "S..." and "C..." were (yes, thats right, C). I also got to discover a whole new world or pre-teen angst. There was one boy, who was 12, who is in training to be the best teenager ever, and is going to drive his family mental. These were some of his catchphrases: "This sucks" "I want a refund" "There's no 'fun'" to which i replied "i never said there was going to be any fun" "NO" "Shut up" and my personal favourite "that's gay". people were gay, activities were gay, we wnt on an excursion and "buses are gay", "walking is gay", "trains are gay", "putt putt s for babies... its gay" was all I heard all day. We even played I-Spy and when it was his turn it was always "something beginning with G"... "Gay?" "Yep!". Then on Friday afternoon I went straight from vacation care to moving everything back to mum and dads' place. Not only was there everything I had moved back from my last house, but there was everything I left here when I first moved out, everything I dumped here after my 2nd move, everything I dumped when I left my old work, everything from the preschool, and several other dumped things. So, for the last 3 days straight I have been sorting, labelling, recycling, chucking, ebay-ing, trying on, organising everything in my room. Joy. I am going to go and work on it a bit more, and hopefully I can get an After photo by tonight to add on to this post, because that would be cool.
Ok, the stoopid blogger image upload isn't working, so scrap that idea!
If I discover it working again, then I will post them later.
Cos i had photos of Ernie's hilarious new hairstyle to give everyone a good laugh!! Oh well, again, if it starts working I'll post them.
I did manage to get the After Photo of the room by the way. It looks like a room again! Now I just hafta organise the lounge room and my brother's old room, and the landing which I kinda overflowed on to! Woops! The lounge room has to be next, cos mum is using it as her ironing room. Oh well. I'm off to the gym soon, get out some pent out aggression!
Woohoo! I got the photos to work... here ya go...

Ernie Before the HaircutErnie after the haircut... ROFL
My Room Before
My Room After

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

when you marry price harry and you have 5 little boys you will think them saying everything is 'gay' is addorable

-jaime

Raych said...

pfft... ur gay! Prince Harry is Gay. Kids are gay. Marriage is gay.