I set this up so that everyone can keep track of me on my travels. Hope you enjoy reading.

Thursday, September 07, 2006

WOOKEY!

I know i just posted yesterday but i've been very busy! Today I went to Cheddar, home of cheddar cheese, and also home to some pretty cool caves and a massive gorge. And to get the best views of the gorge one must climb 274 very steep stairs, whilst attempting to will the legs to keep going and urging the respitory system not to malfunction in the form of asthma, or simply quiting altogether! (yes, i know i'm not the fittest person in the world, but i don't do stairs at the best of times, and these were buggers of stairs!) then right up the top was even more stairs in a little tower u climbed to see the views, and I must admit it was worth it, especially considering the sky stayed blue ALL day today! Whats with that??? :P

These are the bastard steps. They actually get steeper past the bit u cant see, but there were too many people on that bit to take a foto.

This is the view of the Gorge from the top of the tower.

Then I went for a walk around Cheddar, and came across a Fish and chip shop with this sign out the front...

I spose the fact u get plural is value for money! AND with mushy peas, gravy, bread and butter! Kinky! After all that u'd need a strong coffee! (I'm assuming its a type of fish?)

Then from here I went to Wookey Hole partly cos it is called that, and partly cos it is close by, and partly cos it is more caves! These caves were pretty and had a stream/river/lake type thing running thru them which was crystal clear. It was for these reasons that a paper mill was built there cos it needs hundreds of gallons of pure water (see, I have been learning stuff too!).

Oh, and I went to a rehearsal of the band I contacted about joining and caused a stir, cos noone knew I was coming and the chick in charge of the clarinets had a meltdown when I showed up. Apparently the conductor thought I was coming NEXT year. Anyways, its the same standard as my last band, same sort of music, so thats a relief, but they have just implemented a new sysem of auditioning, so i hafta borrow a piece of music of one of the other people and arrange a time to go over to the conductor's house and play it for him to audition for their only spot, 3rd clarinet. considering its the same level of music as i'm used to, and I have played 1st on this stuff, should be ok. The 2 other 3rd clarinetist starting learning as adults and I explained a few things to them last night, so I should be fine. I'm one of the first to go thru the audition process tho, so who knows!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i wish i could order faggots with my chips.
and get them served hot with extra sauce ;)

Yawad

Anonymous said...

I'd like somem faggots too pls.

Jaime.