I set this up so that everyone can keep track of me on my travels. Hope you enjoy reading.

Saturday, March 03, 2007

*yawn*

It is 7am on a Saturday. Why am I up? Well, apparently it's a new thing my body is trying out thats called wake up rediculously early no matter what time you went to bed. *grumble*
So, the last week has been a boring week. Monday I didn't work as my knee was sore and I didn't want to overwork it so I bludged all day. Tuesday I was working at St Paul, in Cabot Primary (worst achieving school in Bristol, Bristolis one of worst achieving cities in England), and again Wednesday. Thursday I didn't work (more about this later) and Yesterday I was in a lovely reception class with delightful little kiddies in a silly names town called Fishponds. Then after work I drove up to my aunt Marion's on her request where I am writing this from now.
Anyways, yes, the highlight (and lowlight) of my week has been Cabot. Tuesday there was big assembly in the morning to celebrate Abolition 200, which is essentially the same as the Aborigine's 'sorry' campaign, but this is a year long thing about black slaves and how they got freed, and how they want to govt to say sorry fo enslaving them. There were tv crews and newspaper reporters and photographers. They picked Cabot as there is literally not one white kid in the school, they are all indian, jamaican, african, muslim countries. And the school is in such a disadvantaged area it was a political stunt too to bring some attention to it. Anyways, this dude, Denis someone, played a half hour set on his trombone, which he had hooked up to microphone and that to guitar pedals, so he could distort and record himself to create his own harmonies. It was pretty cool. And I was on the midday local news program, and my hands were in the local paper. I missed it unfortunately cos it was the morning paper, and not in the afternoon one. Grrr.
That morning, I was teaching the yr 3 class, who I had taught before, months ago, but they remembered me. I was in by myself, which you aren't supposed to be in that school, as there are so many behaviour issues you need support. But at least I knew them. In the afternoon I was sent to yr 2. I was there for a 1.5 hours, and I had a support person who ruled with an iron fist, yet they were still feral. Then she left for 5 mins to go to the bathroom, while they were having free play, and when she was gone they trashed the place. Tipped out every toy, mixed them together and threw them around the room. A bunch of 7 yr olds. And nothing I said or did got them to stop. She came back in and went mental at them and got them to tidy it up. I felt so helpless, and stressed. The second day I was back in yr 3, fine,exceptone of the kids tried to blame me of discrimination based on religion and said she was going to the head. I called her bluff and told her to go then, and she backed down. But I at least knew this was just one of her stunts, imagine if I didn't know the class and they tried that, you'd shit yourself! And then after that day, and the yr 2 situation, I wasalready frazzled and stressed, and I was supposed to be back on Thursday, all day, in yr 2. I debated right up until 7.15am, after I had had my shower and everything whether I could do it or not. On one hand, they were only 7 and I should not not go to work unless I am sick or wounded or dying, on the other hand, I was actually petrified of a room full of horrible little 7 yr olds. So i chickened out and didn't go. I felt horrible, but I couldn't physically or mentally face them again.
My other news is... which I have been looking into on and off since I got here... I re-joined weight watchers. I have been a good girl and been points counting all week. It's interesting tho, as I have no scales, so I guestimated by start weight and I have no way of knowing how much I have lost, but at least I know it works from last time. I am doing it online, instead of the meetings, which is cool, cos there's online forums and an online tracking thing, instead of needing pads and writing everything down. SO yeah, it's only week one, but so far so good. I have stuck to it, and even managed to save a bunch of points, and considering we are going to lunch tomorrow, I suppose that's a good thing! Perhaps that is why I have been getting up at stupid times, cos I have been eating less crap?
Anyways, that is my exciting week! I am off to Dublin next Thursday afternoon, so hopefully my next blog will be more exciting, but less eventful!
P.S. noone has got the right answers in the sound of music quiz (noone being the 2 ppl who bothered to enter) and number 3 seems to be the stumper. If Idon't get a correct guess by Thursday the prize will go to the closest guess of those 2 (or anyone else who enters).

No comments: