I set this up so that everyone can keep track of me on my travels. Hope you enjoy reading.

Saturday, May 19, 2007

Answers

the answers to my super hard quiz are...
Q1: In Nuremburg Hitler planned to build a second, larger rally ground before his plans were halted due to the war. Work had already begun and the commenced site has been turned into...?C) a lake
Q2: King Ludwig II didn't like flags so when he was in residence at Linderhof Castle he had his staff put 2 life size brass and enamel WHAT out the front of the doorway instead...?
A) Peacocks
Q3: In Rothenburg in the 13th century the citizens of each house were legally required to store enough what to last their household an entire year...?
D) Grains
Q4: In the early days of santa claus he used to have a companion travel with him who was...?
B) his opposite (there was an evil santa who ate the bad kids!)
Q5: In Frankfurt there is an area of town called Museumsufer and the city has 34 museums. Which of the following is NOT a museum found in Frankfurt...?
B) Ballet Museum
Q6: In Cologne there is a railway bridge that goes over the river and into the hauptbahnof (main station) and from (u can see it in foto below). How many trains go over this bridge each day?
B) 14,000
Q7: Cologne Cathedral is the 2nd largest in Europe. Its relics bring people from all over the world to visit it. How many people visit the cathedral every day?
A) 15,000
Q8: In the Hannover town hall you travel in a lift to the 3rd floor, then get in another lift which takes you to the top of the tower. This lift shares something with only one other lift in the world, the lift in the eiffel tower. What is it?
C) travels on an angle
Q9: Liverpool is famous for being the biggest trader in Europ of what in the 1740's?
D) Slaves
Q10: Between 1896 and 1956 Liverpool had WHAT that was the first of it's kind in the world when it was built?
A) Elevated railway
And the winner is.... *drumroll* Alan with 5/10.
I have had a rather stressed out week. Horrible kids, one of whom I am concerned about and have to speak to someone when i get back next week. But other than that I am still plodding on. Got my band concert tonight, in a church, which should be interesting, cos the rehearsal as there on wednesday and it sounds not quite good. I have to make a chart today for the kids i have all next week to try and encourage good behaviour. So thats my weekend plan. Make a chart, band concert, clean the bathroom. If its sunny tomorrow i might go on the bristol open top bus. Get some info on the local area!
I'm just living for next weekend at the moment, when its mid-term holidays, and I get a week off. London, dirty dancing, the london eye, off to belgium, come back, visit from my aunt and uncle, tour to the cotswolds. Its gonna be my last week of madness (that i have booked in at least).
Oh, and on Tuesday I drove all the way up to northampton after work for my cousin's 21st dinner, then slept there and drove back from 5am to be at work at 8.30am. Dinner was at a japanese restaurant, and we had the whole cooked in front of us and thrown at us and stuff.

No comments: