I set this up so that everyone can keep track of me on my travels. Hope you enjoy reading.

Thursday, June 21, 2007

emotional overload!

I have had a rubbish week. I had 2 days at work on Monday and Tuesday at a school in Swindon, which was a lively year 6 class. I went Monday and had to say if I would go back on Tuesday. I told them this, and they all said "why would u come back? no one ever does cos we are horrible!" to which I responded "no, compared to what I'm used to, you are a great class!". Then Wednesday I had HORRIBLE.....HORRIBLE class in St Paul which was year 6 again. They were awful, and the support teacher who is great with them was away, so it was just me, and they were so loud that twice I had teachers from nearby classes come in and pull children out cos they could hear the chaos. They were better in the afternoon, cos they got a lecture from their normal teacher, who was there but doing other stuff, and then we played some games and they had PE. Its amazing, a class that was so horrible inside the classroom and all fought constantly went to play football and were so supportive and such a great team atmosphere. Why can't they do that inside the class?
Then on the way back in there was a full scale riot and I just lost all control of them and their teacher came from the other side of the school, where she could hear them, to deal with them. ARGH! And it was such a bad reflection on the last 2 hours. I left there fighting the urge to cry. It wasn't just the school, it was also the fact that I have so much other stuff going on through my head.
I am glad that my time is coming to a close, because I have had such a chaotic year, and for someone who is such a planner, to the point I booked my ticket to come over 8months before I left, the last minute-ness of this last year work and travel wise has been chaos. I am also going to miss it, because I have had such an amazing year. I am looking forward to going home because I have missed family/friends/dog but I am going to miss the family from over here I have gotten to know better. I am also nervous about going back and starting afresh because I don't want to rush into a job, and the options are endless, so yeah. Its all getting a bit much for my brain to handle, as I am drawn with excitement and sadness, and I have to work with feral children who push me over the edge!
And the worst thing is... I have to go back to the HORRIBLE school again tomorrow. My school today was a good one, for me. They were a bit loud, and I had one argument about seat swapping and one or two whinges, but they did some great work. It was just for this afternoon, and was a fair way out, but I was told they asked me because they had just signed this school and wanted to make a good impression so they wanted to send a good teacher. That was nice to hear, that they considered me a good teacher.
I haven't been anywhere, and am off to my Aunt's this weekend to drop off some more of my stuff, because I have realised that I can't fit it in my car all in one go. So that's the highlight of my week. Not a lot else to bang on about now, so I will find something else to do now. Ciao.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey Rachel,

sorry to hear of you've been stressed out. you should find the highest point in bristol and just scream your lungs out- makes me feel good and people tend to leave you alone after that (mostly cos they think you're crazy).

don't forget what the monty python gang said "no one expects the spanish inquisition" (watched sliding doors again on the weekend)

M