I set this up so that everyone can keep track of me on my travels. Hope you enjoy reading.

Friday, June 29, 2007

*pats self on back*

Well, I have finished teaching in Bristol. I move tomorrow. I only did an afternoon today, in a horrible school, with 1 child I had to get the head to deal with. But it was another new school, so that makes it my 50th school/nursery I have taught in during the last 10 months of being in Bristol. I tried to do some basic calculations, and I figure if I take average class size, and the fact some of those schools I have taught in 5 or 6 different classes, it is probably more than 1500 children I have taught over this time! That's a LOT of children!
I left a book behind at one of the schools, and Select rang me and said could I come in and get it this afternoon. I didn't feel the finality of it, because I wasn't in the same schools with friends and connections for the whole time, so no sense of missing them. However when I got to Select Iain (my go to guy) presented me with a bottle of wine (I know, but it was a nice thought) and a card signed by everyone. He then went on to say he appreciated everything I had done for them this year, and I would be missed (at which point one of the girls who worked there chimed in "Very much so") and he went on to say that several of the schools are already complaining that I am not going to be around anymore. He also said that if I wanted to come back again later to get in touch with them and he could organise sponsorship (which I don't need as I'm British passport-wise) and he said he could get me a job in a school in a heartbeat, and a couple of the schools have already asked for me full-time. So that was nice to hear. And the school I was at on wed/thurs I was talking to the school secretary who said she was going to meet Iain finally as he was coming out that way, she also went on to say when she didn't recognise my name, he sang my praises to her. So that's very nice to here. That's my pat on the back.
I am all packed, pretty much, I am getting my bond back (assuming the room doesn't self-destruct over night) at midday tomorrow, then its bye bye Bristol and Hello Kettering. It still hasn't really hit me how fast things are coming to a close. I have been kind of numb, I think because if I absorb it all I might just become a gibbering mess. I need to go away again. I haven't gone to another country for a month, and I feel bored! Sure I have been to the Lake District for a weekend, and on a Cotswold's tour, but its not the same. I'm still hoping to get to Scotland. Might try and do North Wales too. Man I have the travel bug! My newest crazy hair brain scheme is to get a motor home and me and Ernie travel around Australia teaching in off the beaten track towns through the agency!
Ok, well, I should finish off my last bit of packing and sorting, so I'm ready to load the car tomorrow and flee Bristol.
Oh... and for those who questioned a bunny roundabout.... I managed to get a foto of it... its not great, cos it's hard to take a foto and drive. I tried getting out and walking back to it, but its a big 2 lane roundabout and I couldn't get close enough to it. Its not VERY obvious cos I didn't want to scare them off, so there are red circles around the 4 bunnies....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ooh! i see peter cottontail!