I set this up so that everyone can keep track of me on my travels. Hope you enjoy reading.

Friday, August 04, 2006

I am here!

So, appart from the odd hiccup (my laptop has decided to cease working again) I am here, in one piece, and surprisingly not jet lagged!
I arrived *thinks* Tuesday, after having THE longest Tuesday ever! I Left Koala Lumper at 9am and arrived here at 4pm after 13 hours of travelling in sunlight! JOY! Needless to say I didn't sleep much on the second leg, but I managed to get a solid 5 hours on the first leg.
By the time we arrived back in Bovey Tracey it was time to unpack, shower and bed at 9pm. And by the next morning I had pretty muych caught up and was de-jet lagged.
On the first full day here, Wednesday, I had an appointment with the bank to open an account, and then we went for a drive around the local area. Looked at a few car places, and I bought myself a car. I'm naming it Big Red.

Then we went and did some shopping and bought some bananas! Yes! They have bananas here!! I haven't had one yet as I am waiting for them to go ripe! We went up to Bristol yesterday to have a look around and I have made a couple of appointments to look at flats in the Clifton area.
I am now going to go on my first solo adventure drive around and get the hang of indicating without putting on the windscreen wipers!
It is nice and sunny here, Not too hot, but it is up around the 22'C mark almost every day, and I'm in shorts and t-shirt! My pasty white legs blend in better here though!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're there safely, got your bananas and so organised already with your car and appartment appointments.

I'm envious that you've sorted yourself out so quickly and that you've moved somewhere where people speak english :).

Have a blast,

Jaime.