I set this up so that everyone can keep track of me on my travels. Hope you enjoy reading.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Summer is over!

A hoy hoy! It is a sad fact that the hot weather has gone. Not that I liked hot weather, but because the sun seems to have gone too, and i had to buy an umbrella! THE HORROR!! It has actually rained...several times! How dare it!
Mum and Dad have arrived, they are off today playing golf with my Uncle (what a shock) and I have been sitting here with my aunt, pottering around the place. Thismorning I undertook the massive task of getting my 3 cases, plus 2 boxes of stuff i mailed over, plus another suitace of stuff the parentals brought over, sorted into things I wont need until Bristol and things I will need before work, and things that are electrical stuff, things for backpacking and so on and so forth! I got it sorted, and I have WAY too much stuff already! And you should have seen how much stuff i left in Australia!!!
As for backpacking, I have binned that idea for now, and have resigned myself to just pottering around and doing more stuff with rellies, and maybe doing a couple of day trips around, who knows. I only have 7 weeks of work before the next school holidays in end of October, so I could always go and do sumthing then!
I probably wont bother to do much on my blog between now and when I am in Bristol because I don't want to be blamed for people lapsing into comas as they read that I sorted thru my socks and paired them up then went for a walk to the post box to mail a letter and other fun stuff like that! So, hope you are all having a great time. (not missing me too much I hope!).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Rachel,

you should change your profile. you're not in "oz" anymore :)

i know you said you won't write much but i hope you continue to write something!

MS

Anonymous said...

hrmn if you wanna come to Spain for like 3-4 nights before Sept 10th and check out barcelona, you can sleep on the couch/ in spare room or something.

Jaime.