I set this up so that everyone can keep track of me on my travels. Hope you enjoy reading.

Monday, August 14, 2006

U can't eat pot noodles with a spoon

Good thing I wasn't very hungry last night as I discovered there is no free small plastic fork in the pot noodles, like u get in Australia, and all I had was my little teeny tiny spoon for my yoghurt, and no matter how hard I tried, the noodles just slid off, so i survived purely on 1 noodle and a yoghurt.
I went shopping today for more meals u can make using the only supplies i have, a kettle, a mug, a teeny tiny plastic spoon and water. I found several varaities of pot noodles and also make in a mug macaroni meals. I am also here to tell you i am now the proud owner of a £2.70 fork. So now i don't need a furnished flat, cos i have a fork, and thats all i need. a fork, a kettle and a working tap and i can eat for weeks! Damn being poor. Damn having to spend £49 a night for the world's crappiest hotel (its new too, I'd hate to see what its like in 3 years when its a bit run down and the staff dont care anymore!). Mind you, it would cost me about £40 a day in petrol to get up and down from Devon to here every day to try and look for flats, so its NOT that much difference.
I have got a couple of people "interested in my profile" on my website i am using to try and get a flatmate, and I am organising a couple of viewings. I can either live way beyonds my means, or with 23 yr olds, or in a place i don't feel safe, so there is slim pickings of ideal properties, but I will stop being so picky soon, as I am getting desperate. I have even applied to a couple of places that are for 2 months maximum stay, as then at least I will be here, so I can keep looking and work and get a National Insurance number and get a Doctor and and and and and.
I miss having my laptopn and being able to access my chatrooms and stuff, so this will have to do in the meantime. I'd ABSOLUTELY love some comments or emails or anything as I can go days without saying anything to anyone here. And I want some textual contact at least with people who care that I have a fork! :P
Oh... and if any parental type people are reading this, yes, I also bought 2 apples and some cereal bars for breakfast, so I am not existing PURELY on packet noodle thingos. Even I know that that is wrong!!
Hmmm, I don't think I have anything else to share. Oh... it rained yesterday! HOW DARE IT! But it managed to rain only when I was indoors, and every time i came outdoors it stopped! I also got car mats so when it does rain (which it should never do, cos it NEVER rains in England) I will be able to not get mud in the car.
Oh, thats what else. I had my second interview thismorning with the second teacher recruitment agency thingo doobedy. It went well, except the guy was not a bundle of fun, like he was very dry, and the other interview dude seemed like he had a sense of humour at least. I dunno. spose its not a reflection of the company cos one guy has no personality. Okidokies then. I cannot think of ANYTHING else for now. I'm going to read the bristol evening post to see if there is any ads in there for flats now. i bet that makes u all jealous doesn't it?
Until next time....... ciao

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! i sent an email to your gmail account, so not sure how bad your PC problems but there is one waiting for you there. Goodluck with the house/job/food hunting.

Anonymous said...

Hi Rach its Jen
Are u travelling around europe yet.
Nikki resigned we went to dinner last week I filled them in on your travels
Scary about englands planes

are u with your uncle and aunt stiull

Love Jen

Anonymous said...

Hey raych, wanna fork? Oh wait, you already have one...doh. So, cup o' tea luvvy? Just kidding. Quick, let's scarper, its the bill! Wheres the nearest off=licence?? Its all gone pear shaped! Okay enough of that. I hope its not too cold in England...did you remember to pack an umbrella, wellies, and a pair of waterproof gloves? :) At least red ones go faster (your car thingy). Hope you're having a good time. Try not to think of the cold. Or the heat. Or the terrorists. Just lie back, and think of England...have a good trip raych!
-Boyd.

Anonymous said...

Yo Raych,

good to hear from you again. Still sticking to your travel plans? or you'll sort that out once you're moved in and a job is waiting?

Jaime.