I set this up so that everyone can keep track of me on my travels. Hope you enjoy reading.

Saturday, September 23, 2006

I fought the law and the law won!

I got my very first speeding notice, ever, 14 days into being into a new country! I have had to send off my details and they will decide whether to fine me or summons me to court. I was going a WHOPPING 37mph in a 30 zone. I saw the flash, so I have just been waiting for it to arrive. It just missed me changing my registration to my current place, so it went to my aunt and uncle's in devon, and luckily they were able to get it before they went on a long cruise, and redirect it. Otherwise I would have missed the 28 day reply period and would be a criminal!
I have decided to drop one agency, because it is just too much effort juggling both, and one gave me much more work than the other, so I have gone with them. Apparently I have had good feedback given about me, so the one I am going with offered me a guarantee (which they offered me at the beginning, but I didn't take because I wasn't sure how much work was out there), whereby if they can't find me work i still get half a days pay. They said originally when I rejected the offer that I would be able to consider it again next term (January) but I must be doing a good job, cos they offered it to me 3 weeks into term!
I got paid! YAY! its not a lot, but its the first DEPOSIT into my bank account that hasn't come from my own money in savings! And it is kind of enough to keep me going. I will try again to put the fotos from wales up now.

This is Tintern Abbey... well, whats left of it

And this is a rather windswept (and pixelated) me outside Chepstow Castle.

No comments: